We’re in the field of IT, but at IT Partners we have created a working environment that is all about people. We are hardworking professionals that love to build solid relationships, identify solutions, and challenge the norm, along with ourselves.
Our aim is to be one of the most desired places to work by providing our employees with a great career and working environment that includes benefits which make a difference in their lives. Our approach isn’t unique, but it is a refreshing change to many.
An important part of this aim is attracting top level candidates that our team, clients and suppliers love working with. So if you’re in the market for a new job, or a future opportunity, here are a few of the key qualities we look for in a candidate:
- Be an “A” player: We’re looking for people who are “A” players, or people who are striving to become one. These are high performing people who sit in the top-tier of talent available in their field of work. They exhibit exceptional soft skills that match their industry experience; communicate openly; and are proactive, committed, dedicated and real. We like people who are driven to succeed.
- Have an impressive CV: We want to get a sense of who you are from your CV and cover letter. If you’re putting together a job application, fill in the gaps on your CV and give us an insight to your personality. Don’t embellish your achievements; just state your accomplishments and be proud of them. And don’t just send us the same old CV you’ve sent to other companies. Personalise it. We like individuals.
- Do your research: We’ll ask you why you want a job with IT Partners, so have your answer at the ready. We’ll have researched who you are, so research who we are if you’re coming up for an interview. Look at our website, follow us on LinkedIn, read our blog and case studies, and tell us what you like about our company, and what you think we could improve on. We like honesty.
- Prepare for your interview: Job interviews can be nerve wracking. We get that, but they don’t have to be. All it takes is some preparation. Study some common interview questions and prepare your responses so you can get your key points across. Get friends and family to ask you questions so you can practice answering them. And prepare yourself for a few curly questions to come your way as well. We do things a little differently round here so expect the unexpected. That said, we’ll be happy to answer your questions too. We like people who are inquisitive.
- Know our values: Here at IT Partners, we’re a very values-focused business. Our values mean a lot to us. They provide the foundation for how we act as individuals, how we treat each other, how we communicate with our clients, how we do business. Do you know what they are? Do they resonate with you? Apply our values throughout your recruitment process and tell us what yours are. We like people with values.
- Be prepared to work hard: We like to have fun. Every Friday you’ll see us getting together for a team lunch. Why? Because we work hard, and we’ll expect you too as well. We work in a competitive industry, and we want to ensure we are the best. It’s how we’ve got to where we are today – in a purpose built, architecturally-designed building in the heart of Hamilton with fabulous clients and a team of committed individuals. There is certainly incentive for working hard, you will be well rewarded for doing so; but we also want you to want to work hard. We like dedicated people.
- Sell yourself: Our people are our biggest asset, so sell yourself to us. From your CV and covering letter to your appearance and demeanour in your interview. We want to hear what you can bring to the team. Tell us about yourself – what do you do outside of work, what things do you enjoy? Our team have varied interests, from walking up the Hakarimatas twice a week, to playing sport and musical instruments, restoring old treasures, attending music festivals, or even just spending time with family and friends – we like people with personality.
Interested in a job at IT Partners? Then please get in contact. We may not have a current position available, but we do have a Virtual Bench and are always looking to have conversations with great candidates that may be looking for future opportunities.