We all know the pain of trying to coordinate multiple people to have a meeting. It creates a lot of non-productive time and yet it is important to get it right, because if you don’t have the right people at the meeting – well that is equally a waste of time.
Microsoft have released Find Time, which they claim to be the easiest way to schedule time across companies. We have begun using it at IT Partners and are finding that it lives up to the claim – it is especially good!
Here’s the basics of how it works;
- FindTime finds the best days and times
- All attendees get to vote; Yes, No or Preferred
- You can see a visual summary of votes already in to help you choose
- Once the votes are in FindTime can send the meeting invite on your behalf
- Best of all for meeting organisers its places a hold note in diaries (and clears them out when finished)
It works for internal meetings as well as those including external attendees. External attendees don’t need to have it installed as only the meeting organiser needs to be on Office365.
This clever tool saves time, creates a better experience and it’s free when you have an Office365 subscription. It works with Office 2013, Office 2016, Outlook on the web and Outlook for Mac.
Another option for those that don’t have Office365 would be Doodle.com – similar feature set, not as much deep integration, but serves a similar function.