People come and go, but they don’t need to take your data and security with them. Add these steps to your changeover processes to ease and secure your transitions.
- Tell us when staff members leave – especially if it is not amicable. We’ll put the right security measures in place to safeguard your information.
- Give us advance notice of new staff arriving, so we can ensure they have everything they need to hit the ground running (and feel welcome!) on their first day.
- Make and maintain a list of all assets held by staff members, i.e. laptops, mobile phones and remote access, so that when they leave you can account for all company equipment.
- Email redirection: we can do this whenever a staff member leaves, to ensure all important messages are captured.
- Email archiving: we can sort and store the files of prior staff members where they can be found – fast.
- Keep us up to date with your latest contact details, including after hours, so we can help you avoid or reduce business interruptions.
We have designed a more extensive checklist to make sure nothing is missed, including these tips as well as what to do about DDI phone requirements, terminal server access, VPN requirements, website updates, and more.
Check out our Change Management Checklist or contact us for advice on managing the IT through your business change.